The Agency had close to 1,100 copiers/printer/facsimile/scanner machines from six copier manufacturers, 4 printer vendors, and 4 facsimile manufacturers.
- When equipment needed service, customer had to escort 14 different technicians at any given time to repair the equipment.
- Constant downtime and difficultly determining what machines had been repaired and when.
- High repair costs, high supplies costs, and unpredictable yearly cost for maintenance and supplies.
- Several contracts and invoices to track and pay monthly.
- Stock supplies expired or were discarded before getting used.
- CTI provided two on-site technicians that could service multiple brands of machines and obtained a contractor badge that granted clearance at the customer sites.
- CTI reduced yearly costs by 45% and consolidated the service and supplies into one fixed monthly fee.
- Consolidated invoicing to one fixed amount per month for all 1,100 machines.
- CTI provided on-time supplies replenishment and kept an on-site current inventory of parts and supplies readily available.
- CTI gave users the choice of calling the internal help desk, logging on to a dedicated portion of the CTI web site, or calling CTI directly for service requests.
Customer surveys showed user satisfaction increased significantly, and placing technical staff on-site shortened downtime. Supplies cost decreased with the agency consolidating all purchases through one contract, which resulted in estimated savings of about $900,000 over the contract life.